Let's make your cloud migration a success.
The path to a successful cloud migration is unique to every organization. There are a number of factors to consider. Below is a guide that contains some of those factors.
Consider Intended Outcomes
- What workflows are going to change?
- Will the result replace VPN or remote access?
- How will file/folder permissions be impacted?
- What new features will be available and useful?
Prepare the IT environment:
- Device/server preparation
- User awareness
- Extensive file structure planning
- Organizational policies and personal policies are reviewed/established.
- Users should participate in training before, during, & after migration
- All stakeholders are aware that the migration is going to occur & understand the rationale & benefits of migrating
- Users know where to access training materials as-needed & have a point-person to work with when questions arise.
- Training is customized and crafted for departments/buildings/job roles
Secure the Cloud
- Cloud console security policies & settings
- Backup, disaster recovery, & file retention rules
- Personal device policies and organizational acceptable-use-policies
Migration of Email
- Public Records
- Inbox Sizes
Migration of Data
- Outdated Files
- Naming Convention Standards
- Sharing & Security
- Organization Needs
- Departmental Needs
- User Needs
- How to increase productivity & collaboration
- Facilitating a pilot group to demonstrate new ways of working
- Modeling successful individuals & departments
End User Experience
- Continual training
- Onboarding/hiring practices and how they are impacted by the migration
- Remote users
- Sunsetting old/replaced technologies
Want NextStep to take care of your next cloud migration project? Complete the form below and to get started or talk to your NextStep Customer Success Manager today.
NextStep will never share your information. Submissions go directly to the NextStep consulting team. You will not be added to a mailing list or marketing campaign.